Who we are
Rwanda Women’s Network (RWN) is a non-governmental organization dedicated to the promotion and improvement of the socio-economic welfare of women in Rwanda through enhancing their efforts to meet their basic needs.
RWN mission is delivered through five key focus areas:
- Health Care and Support
- Gender Based Violence Response and Prevention
- Socio-economic empowerment
- Education and Knowledge Sharing
- Governance and Leadership.
Create a healthy, empowered, and peaceful Rwandan society.
To work towards improvement for the socio-economic welfare of women in Rwanda through enhancing their effort to meet their basic needs.
“Our greatest strength as Rwanda Women’s Network over the past 20 years has been our commitment to empower women for self-transformation and gender equality. No matter how long the journey, or how difficult the challenges our determination continues to be women’s empowerment that influences positive transformation in their homes, communities and nation.”
Mary V. Balikungeri, Founder & Director
Our Core Values
- Tolerance and Co-existence
- Respect and Value for Humanity
- Integration (Honesty, Transparency, Accountability)
- Justice and Gender Equality
- Partnership and Collaboration
- Environmental Friendliness